Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Dementia



Like a virus, it takes hold
Creeps up from behind
Grasps me by the neck
Devours all sanity
Alters my state of mind
This beast I become

My universe collapses
The sky caves in
The moon cries
Stars vanish
Darkness consumes all light

Pain hits me,
Like a bullet to head
I fall into nothingness
Vulnerable and frail
I lie here,
I hold unto you
Embracing bittersweet memories,
But it’s time to let go
This pain burns the pits of my core
This agony I cannot ignore
The gods torment me
At every turn

Under midnight rain
You to mind
Your words like weapons
Tame the beast within
Capable of turning dark skies blue
There’s a halo above your head
Could it be your disguise?

Your axe about to strike my shield
I fall on my knees
I admit defeat
Your light,
Penetrates through my darkest nights
I attempt to conceal what’s inside,
For fear of the key you hold
The power to unchain my soul
The courage to release the unknown
I dread you
Then has madness become the essence of me?

© Viviana Plasman

1 comment:

  1. There is so much passion in this! It makes close my eyes and repeat what i just read out loud! I feel your words crawl under my skin.

    ReplyDelete